Bikeability is a cycle training programme offering children an opportunity to learn the essential life skill of cycling.
In the juniors our children get the chance to complete Levels 1 & 2.
Bikeability Level 1 teaches you:
- Maintain your cycle: make sure your ride is in tip-top condition and make simple repairs
- Glide: smooth, calm and collected
- Control your bike: including setting off, cruising, slowing down, braking and stopping. You’ll even learn to pedal one handed!
- Pedal: without feeling wobbly or out of control
- Be aware of your surroundings: looking behind and turning around obstacles.
Bikeability Level 2 teaches you to:
- Start and stop with more confidence
- Pass stationary vehicles parked on a road
- Understand the road: signals, signs and road markings
- Negotiate the road: including quiet junctions, crossroads and roundabouts
- Share the road with other vehicles