This page includes our maths curriculum for each key milestone.
Essential Characteristics of Mathematicians
- An understanding of the important concepts and an ability to make connections within mathematics.
- A broad range of skills in using and applying mathematics.
- Fluent knowledge and recall of number facts and the number system.
- The ability to show initiative in solving problems in a wide range of contexts, including the new or unusual.
- The ability to think independently and to persevere when faced with challenges, showing a confidence of success.
- The ability to embrace the value of learning from mistakes and false starts.
- The ability to reason, generalise and make sense of solutions.
- Fluency in performing written and mental calculations and mathematical techniques.
- A wide range of mathematical vocabulary.
- A commitment to and passion for the subject.