This page includes our music curriculum for each key milestone.
Year 1/2 - Music Curriculum
Music Policy (coming soon)
Learning a Musical Instrument
The school currently offers paid for music tuition for guitar and keyboard.
The cost is approximately £55 per term, but the school may be able to subsidise the cost if you receive a qualifying benefit, (please speak to the school office for further details).
Please advise the school office if you would like your child to receive music tuition.
Essential Characteristics of Musicians
- A rapidly widening repertoire which they use to create original, imaginative, fluent and distinctive composing and performance work.
- A musical understanding underpinned by high levels of aural perception, internalisation and knowledge of music, including high or rapidly developing levels of technical expertise.
- Very good awareness and appreciation of different musical traditions and genres.
- An excellent understanding of how musical provenance - the historical, social and cultural origins of music - contributes to the diversity of musical styles.
- The ability to give precise written and verbal explanations, using musical terminology effectively, accurately and appropriately.
- A passion for and commitment to a diverse range of musical activities.